jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tao Lin <lam...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to use Regex Extractor Post Processor to passing data from the http response to another http request
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 09:13:48 GMT

Hi,
I try to use JMeter to stress test a Comet server. I use a Http Post Request to send a handshake
request to the server. The server return json data like this:
[{"channel":"/meta/handshake","id":"1","clientId":"iO2N3oUBScLMaXDThRZh","version":"1.0","supportedConnectionTypes":["long-polling"],"advice":{"reconnect":"retry"},"successful":true}]
Then I try to use Regex Extractor Post Processor to extract the clientId value "iO2N3oUBScLMaXDThRZh"
from the response and put it into the second http post request which the post data should
looks like this:
[{"channel":"/meta/connect", "connectionType":"long-polling", "id":2, "clientId":"iO2N3oUBScLMaXDThRZh"}]
But I don't know how to use the Regex Extractor Post Processor and passing data from the response
to another request
Thanks,
Tao