jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kirthi Prabhu <KPra...@eldocomp.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter 64 bit> Out of memory exception
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:09:24 GMT
1. I get the memory exception that’s why I increased the heap size.
2. thanks for the suggestion. I will try this.

Best Regards,
Kirthi Prabhu | Senior Quality Analyst | MphasiS an HP Company
Tel 602.604.3100 ext [317] | Fax: 602.604.3115| Mb/home:602.625.1508
eMail: kprabhu@mhs.mphasis.com | www.mphasis.com
- Print this mail, only if you need to...

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Speteanu [mailto:asp.adieu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:32 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Jmeter 64 bit> Out of memory exception

@10 threads, I don't think it makes a difference over time if you are using GUI mode, even
for long times.

1. Have you tried with -Xmx1024? too see if it works at that level without memory exceptions
or you raised the size because of memory problems in the first place?

2. Edit the jmeter script that you use to start jmeter and make sure "-server" is sent as
java parameter along with the parameters you already shown. This makes sure that a 64bit virtual
machine is used (though it should work without, but just to make sure). It is one of the components
of ARGS= $SERVER ... etc (add -server yourself if $SERVER is not there).