jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bean shell Preprocessor Exception
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:32:39 GMT
On 18 February 2011 10:16, Ragini Thakur <raginit@cybage.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am getting Bean shell error in "Jmeter.log" while executing the JMeter
> test plan.
>

> Exception is : jmeter.util.BeanShellInterpreter: Error invoking bsh
> method: eval     Parse error at line 1, column 23 : Error or number too
> big for integer type: 8780413182

That should give a big clue as to the source of the problem ...

> The test plan does following steps.
>

> *         Send Post request using HTTP sampler
>
> *         Extracts Order id from the response XML- Using XPath Extractor
>
> *         Pre processes the second request input before sending it. Here
> I have used bean shell Preprocessor to insert the order Id in input xml
> of second request.
>

> The script used in bean shell Preprocessor causing issue is:
> vars.put("orderId",""+${rOrderId});

Which takes rOrderId and converts it to a string, probably via an integer.

Why not just save the id as a string?

vars.put("orderId","${rOrderId}");

> Note: I have confirmed that error is at the above given script by
> debugging my test plan from Eclipse.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ragini Thakur
>

> "Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from
Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not
an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the
sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is
not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."