jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quick and easy performance reports using Jmeter
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:53:02 GMT
On 12 February 2011 15:55, rkedari <rkedari@msas.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to share some information on the tool which we are developing
> for generation of performance reports which are easy to understand and
> analyze.
> The main purpose is a quick and easy way to execute the test plans and
> generate reports without the hassle of using the native JMeter GUI.

The JMX file has to be created with the JMeter GUI, surely?

> The tools works on the principle of accepting JMX file as inputs and allows
> users to perform operation like configure test plan inputs, execute test
> plans and analyze results along with generation of reports using wizard like
> approach.

Does the tool use pure Java?
Or does the tool require a specific OS?

JMeter itself will run on any platform that supports a conforming Java.

> The analysis report are linked between summary and detail sections for easy
> of navigation. The report is exported using style sheet templates for custom
> look and feel. It also has features to configure on demand graphs too.

JMeter is a bit weak on reporting, so improvements here would be useful.

> What are your initial thoughts, views about the tool?

Do you plan to charge for the tool?
Or do you plan to submit the code for potential inclusion in JMeter?