jmeter-user mailing list archives

From DuiMDog <duim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Downloaded jmeter2.4 how to set up on my windows machine,
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:15:08 GMT

jmeternewbi wrote:

> I want to setup jmeter on my windows machine.. what are the prerequisites.

Mind that installing the Java Runtime environment (JRE) is not enough!
You can install the Java Development Kit (JDK) from
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
You can test whether JDK is present on your system by opening an command
window and typing ‘java –version’ at the prompt. You should get a reply of
something like 'Java version "1.6.0_23"'.
If the reply is that java is not recognised as command then JDK is not
installed.