jmeter-user mailing list archives

From SanderW <san...@performancearchitecten.nl>
Subject Re: Load time and latency in transaction controller
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:00:42 GMT

Thanks for your response, sebb

sebb-2-2 wrote:

> Latency is time to *first* response, so it does not make sense to sum it.

But it it correct to show a latency of zero when in fact both individual
http requests have latency values?

The guys from the JMeterPlugins created a LatenciesOverTime listener, but
this apparantly does not work if you use transaction controllers.

sebb-2-2 wrote:

> Load time includes any timers or delays between samples.
>
> Have a look at the start and end times of the individual samples and
> the elapsed should be equal to (last end - first start)

Ah yes, I see that between the start of the transaction controller and the
start of the first http request already is difference of 2ms.

The (start time of the last embedded resource + load time of the last
embedded resource) - start time of the transaction controller is indeed the
load time of the transaction controller.