jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple Controller used as action is put to Work Bench section when updating
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:36:42 GMT
On 17 January 2011 12:22, Duc Chau <chaumanduc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry Sebb, let me explain what I am doing currently
>
> - Create Simple Controller (containing others samplers) and save as jmx file
> - This Simple Controller appears in Work Bench when opening this jmx file

Yes, because there is no Test Plan parent.

But you can select a Test Plan and use Merge to add it there.

> *Actual*: If I update Simple Controller of this jmx and click Save, these
> will be erased.

Save means it will save the Test Plan.

So if you save an empty test plan with the same name (JMeter prompts
for the name) of course it will replace it.

> Therefore, after updating, I have to select this Simple
> Controller and save selection as jmx file again (overwrite the current one)

Yes, that is how partial test plans work.

> *Expected*: Whatever it goes to Work Bench or other places, after updating,
> just click Save.

The Workbench is temporary. It is never saved automatically.

If you want to save items under the Workbench, you have to select them
and use "Save Selection As..."