jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nancy <nancydream...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How throughput controller work?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:57:00 GMT
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:15 PM, Felix Frank <ff@mpexnet.de> wrote:
>> I am little curious what occasion should use trhoughput Controllers,
>> Can you give an example?
>
> If you know e.g. that your servers are supposed to sustain a load of
> 2000 page interactions per minute, that's just what you can tell your
> Throughput Controller to induce. Given enough Threads and computing
> power in your load inducer, you can choose the exact load you wish to apply.

2000 page interactions per minute, I am not sure? where you got that
information? Any docs? or just an imaginary number?

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Throughput_Controller
says too little about throughput controller." For percent execution
mode, a number from 0-100 that indicates the percentage of times the
controller will execute. "50" means the controller will execute during
half the iterations throught the test plan."

half of the iterations, including only 1 iteration(1 thread, 1 loop)?
mutiple threads 1 loop? mutiple threads forever loop/several loops?

Throughput Controller (e.g. 90 per minute) ? how you define 90 per
minute? not 90 per seconds, per hours?

--
Best wishes,
Nancy