jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What are the limitations of J Meter
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:41:31 GMT
Jmeter isnt a browser. Hence the concept of refreshing parts of a page is
irrelevant when you are conducting a test in JMeter.

Can Jmeter send the same http request that the AJAX call would have made -
yes
But do you want to test if your javascript fires the AJAX call - No Jmeter
doesnt do this
Do you want o check if the part of your page that the call refreshes renders
correctly in the browser - No Jmeter doesnt do this
Do you want to have an accurate estimate of the time - Maybe you can get
this in JMeter.

There is no direct answer to your question read up the mail archives or
google jmeter and ajax. It depends on what your goal is.