jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Carl Shaulis <carl.shau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter beginner - I have problem with recording the steps in using Http proxy server
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:29:57 GMT
Perhaps you might find these instructions helpful.  You can also use Badboy
to record your scripts.

   1. Start JMeter
   2. Select Test Plan
   3. Right click on test plan and add Thread Group
   4. Right click on the Thread Group and add the Config. Element, Http
   Request Defaults
   5. Edit Http Request Defaults to have the protocl set to Http, server
   name is jakarta.apache.org, and the port is 80, leaving the path blank.
   6. Select Work Bench
   7. Right Click on Work Bench and add a Non-Test Element, Http Proxy
   Server
   8. Edit the Proxy Server Settings to point to port 9090 and make sure the
   target goup is pointing to your thread group
   9. (Optional) You can include or exclude certain file types from a
   recording (examples - .*\.png, .*\.gif, .*\.jsp)
   10. Click Start and youyr proxy server should be running

Configure Firefox
    1.    Start Firefox
    2.    Click on Firefox Preferences link > Network > settings
    3.    Change the settings to look like the image below
    4.    Start navigating through the target pages using Firefox.  NOTE:
My opinion is to be slow and deliberate in your actions, while being patient
to make sure all page elements load.
    5.    You should see your actions recorded in JMeter
    6.    Save your script

Good luck!

Carl