jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ravindra Gupta <rav.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single Jmeter instance produces better throughput than multiple
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 04:23:31 GMT
Hi Sebb,

I am using sampler called HTTP Request HTTPClient. Here we just post an xml
file with the request.
If I run 50 thread, throughput that I am getting is ~585 req/sec.
But if I run two jmeter instances, its throughput as ~236 req/sec and 236
req/sec repectively. These numbers. may differ but slightly.

Using Jmerter version 2.3.2. test is running in a separate subnet, so tthere
is no problem of network latency

The interesting thing is that if I run only one Jmeter instance with 25
threads , throughput is ~620 req/sec.

Hi Deepak,

I can see from Jmeter.log file that all the threads gets activated , there
are no failures. I think its able to make 50 connections because I am
getting responses correctly.

Two Jmeter instance with 25 threads each
Avg request - 105 ms
Min - 9 ms
Max - 1305 req/sec

50 threads -single jmeter instance
Avg req - 82 ms
Min - 9 ms
Max - 1259 ms

I have run multiple tests resulting in similar kind of data.

Thanks,
Ravindra