jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Proxy Recording Problem
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:15:54 GMT
On 01/28/2011 02:08 PM, Jain, Kapil wrote:
> Yes my application is running on port 80 and only one functionality launches another
java client application and it's running on port 7013. I want to record all event for other
application via jmeter proxy but I don't know how to do this.

> Thanks in advance for all your help.

What do you mean by "record all events"?

Jmeter cannot replay an arbitrary datastream of just any application.
If you need Jmeter to mimick your client application, you will have to
do this in a more advanced way such as writing your own custom Sampler
or shelling out to a script that handles the interaction. There is no
recording support for non-HTTP communication.

I cannot advise you on either approach.

Regards,

Felix