jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Dan Heitbohmer <...@conceptual.ca>
Subject Re: Dynamic naming of files in HTTP Request
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:27:35 GMT
Hi Sebb,

Thanks for the fast response.

I inserted a 3000 ms timer after the login JSON data gets read to be
sure it is set.

 From the Debug Sampler placed directly before the HTTP Request, in the
tree view it outputs the variables as set:

JMeterVariables:
JMeterThread.last_sample_ok=true
JMeterThread.pack=org.apache.jmeter.threads.SamplePackage@1153ad1
START.HMS=012016
START.MS=1295504416996
START.YMD=20110120
TESTSTART.MS=1295539900817
__test_user=dummyuser1@dummy.com
test_user=dummyuser1@dummy.com

The file string is in the HTTP Request node in the "Send Files With the
Request" input box. Variables in the "Send Parameters With the Request"
(POST) do get set.
Is it possible that the variable only gets set at start of the thread in
this case?

If so, I can probably set up the files sequenced by a counter, the email
in the file string would just make tracing a bit easier.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dan Heitbohmer
Conceptual Pathways Inc.