jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: How to get transaction time into a user defined variable?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:36:53 GMT
> And another question is, is every thread execute all the samplers
> sequentially? Because when a real user using a browser to access web sites,
> there will be several connections downloading elements of a web page
> concurrently. I'm wondering how to simulate this with JMeter? Thanks!

That has been discussed here a lot. In short:

Yes, Jmeter does everything sequentially. No, this is unlike any modern
browser.
The only way to bring concurrency to Jmeter ATM is to have multiple
threads do different things (which isn't usually feasible when the goal
is simple browser mimicry).

Regards,
Felix