jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: What are the limitations of J Meter
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:26:19 GMT
On 01/05/2011 12:55 AM, chinni20 wrote:

> Hi Deepak,
>
> I appreciate for your patience and  thanks for your concerns!
>
> My ultimate application goal is to Transaction Response time should not
> exceed 2 secs when 1000 users trying access the site simultaneously by login
> into the site.
> Basically its playbill.
>
> Please advise me!

>From my (limited) experience, it's excruciatingly difficult to model the
load induced by "1000 users accessing the site". What does each user do?
How fast does each user navigate? How many possible interactions are
there? etcpp.

It's MUCH easier to try and find the maximum tolerable load measured in
(e.g.) page interactions per second. Just raise the induced load until
your transaction time exceeds your desirable limit. Then examine the
page interactions per second your servers had been logging at that point.

In a second step, try and make an estimate of how many page interactions
per second a given number of concurrent users inflict. Then you can
estimate the number of tolerable concurrent users.

HTH,
Felix