jmeter-user mailing list archives

From luke tarr <luketar...@hotmail.com>
Subject IF or WHILE Contoller to limit requests by current time
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:17:26 GMT

Hi,
I’m after a bit of help with Jmeter.
I have a time parameter that is sent with a request which effectively looks like this
TIME=2010-12-07T09:00:00
I have used the time function within the parameter so that the year, month, date and time(HH)
are all sourced from the system clock and are therefore always up-to-date; the parameter that
is now passed is shown below.
TIME=${__time(yyyy)}-{__time(MM)}-${__time(dd)}T${__time(HH)}:00:00
This works fine but I would like to limit when the HTTP request is used depending upon the
minutes past the hour; there is a cycle of four differing images that are available, changing
every 15 minutes e.g. T09:00:00 is image 1, T09:15:00 is image 2 etc).
My initial thought was to use either an IF of WHILE controller that would tell the HTTP request
to only function if the actual minutes are within a given range (there would be a HTTP request
set for each 15 minute window and each would have a controller) but I can’t figure it out.

So, for the first 15 minute window I went along the lines of ‘${__time(mm)}<15’ for
IF and ‘${__javaScript(${__time(mm)}<15)}’ for WHILE to see if the request could be
limited to a certain part of the hour (it would poll every minute up to the point in time
when the next 15min period starts).  The instance would be left running for fairly long durations
of time to see that the images (content changed/were available in a timely fashion).
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Luke