jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Rob Schroder <...@manilla.com>
Subject Re: Changing a a variable's value
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 00:29:10 GMT
If I understand you correctly, you're saying I simply want to do the following?:

vars.put(${mailer_account_id_not_found},"false");

On 12/7/10 4:20 PM, "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

On 7 December 2010 22:01, Rob Schroder <rob@manilla.com> wrote:
> To add some specifics to this, I have the following:
>
> The While Controller has the following in its "condition" field: ${mailer_account_id_not_found}

Which returns _value_ of the variable "mailer_account_id_not_found"

> In the While Controller loop, I have a BeanShell PostProcessor that contains the following
script:
> vars.get("${mailer_account_id_not_found}");

Which uses the _value_ of the variable "mailer_account_id_not_found"
as the name of another variable - probably not what you want.

> vars.put("${mailer_account_id_not_found}","false");

Ditto.

> Shouldn't this set ${mailer_account_id_not_found} to "false"?

Yes, it does. But you want to set the variable
mailer_account_id_not_found false, not the variable whose name is the
value.

> On 12/7/10 1:45 PM, "Manilla" <rob@manilla.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Apologies for this naïve question, but I've been having an issue with changing the vale
of a variable in a While Controller.  The variable I have in the condition field is ${Value}.
 What's the best mechanism for changing the value of ${Value} to "false"?  I've tried using
post processors, but I can't verify that it's being passed.  Am I doing something stupid?
 Is there an obvious way to do this?