jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Johnson <ans...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter Module + Include Controller limitation?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:54:49 GMT
Hello list,
    I am currently working on re-factoring a large number of JMeter test
plans which share quite a bit of logic.  I've seen the ModuleController as a
way to re-use logic within a single Test Plan, but the ModuleController
doesn't seem to handle IncludeController files.  I was hoping that the tree
within the Include would be visible as a selection for the ModuleController.

This doesn't happen.

My Goal was to have this:

+ <Disabled ThreadGroup>
   -- Include common jmx file.
   -- Include another_common jmx file
+ Thread Group
   -- Module Controller -> Calling some tree in included file

Is an approach like this possible(and will work in non-GUI) without a code
change?  We have been working around this so far with manual testplan merges
of update logic, but it ends up being very time consuming.

Thanks for your time,

Anthony