jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter Non GUI mode
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 13:35:37 GMT
On 2 December 2010 08:36, rkannan <kannan@keystonelogic.net> wrote:

> Yes I'm running the tests in same machine.
>
> Results are same. But non-gui mode takes lot of time to finish the test?
>
> For example:
>
> If i'm running 2 users in GUI mode means it finish the test in 3 mins. If
> i'm running 2 users in Non-GUI mode means it take more than 30 mins to
> finish the test.

That does not sound right; the same code is used for sampling
regardless of whether you are using GUI or non-GUI mode.

The only difference I can think of is that the non-GUI mode will wait
until all threads (non-daemon) have finished before exitting, whereas
GUI mode can be exitted at any point.

Perhaps there is a thread which is not shutting down properly.
This would not necessarily be noticed in GUI mode.

Can you create a Bugzilla issue, and attach the jmeter.log files from
GUI and non-GUI runs?

Also ideally attach the JTL and JMX files (but redact any sensitive
information first - e.g. overwrite with xxx)