jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Jmeter Instances
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 19:28:03 GMT
hi
as before you arent able to generate a load of 1000 threads from a single
server. if you post some hardware/OS specs of the machine from which you are
running JMeter (including JVM) we might be able to confirm (you might be
able to get more out of your single instance by following the
recommendations like disabling listeners etc etc)

>they seem to be right. I just wish I understood the reason behind it.
Your client has limited resources. if you ask it to do a lot , then every
thread will have to wait its turn , which means the server sees lower loads.
if like a previous poster mentioned you have a listener writing to your disk
on client then a lot of time goes there so essentially your server sees a
lot less load- if you have any monitoring tool available on your server then
you might check how many threads are active concurrently or you might check
number of active sockets (but this is harder since you will have to check
the state).
You cannot overload your client and have accurate results in terms of time.

regards
deepak