jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Johnson <ans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Module + Include Controller limitation?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 20:38:45 GMT
Problem mitigated.  The Disabled ThreadGroup worked and I can execute an
IncludeController operation multiple times via a ModuleController and it
works as expected.  I cannot dive into the IncludedFile from the
ModuleController though which is not a showstopper.

Problem was that I was accidentally saving the WorkBench as part of my
include file.

Some thoughts on this area of code that would make it a lot more awesome:

1.  Editing Test Plan fragments is error-prone due to the Save operation
only works on the Test Plan node.  I would expect that the save operation
would work successfully for my edited changes.
      -- Couldn't we just allow a SimpleController under the Test Plan
object or fix the IncludeController to remove the ThreadGroup portion of the
tree when importing?
2.  Show imported tree in Main Test Plan.  Just so you can analyze without
have to change context and change back.
3.  Inline editing of includes in the Main Test Plan.  I personally hate
having to completely change context to edit an Include file.
4.  ModuleController support for executing different portions of an include
file.  This would allow for a single include file to act as a library
offering up several "functions".

I don't mind doing the code changes, I just don't want to step on toes or
duplicate effort.  Or... make a change that will never be merged.

Thanks for the quick responses,

Anthony