jmeter-user mailing list archives

From CatintheBag <aurel_ga...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HTML Request Problem
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:14:25 GMT

Thanks for the quick reply.

The HTML requests documentation for the original software is poor, but
indicates that the actual file should be uploaded via POST.

My question here: when using 'GET + send files with request'-options, what
method is used to send the file? I thought that you cant send files with
GET, so is POST used automatically for the second part?

I probably need POST, but then I get a Java-Socket-Exception: connection
abort. With PUT I get a "Content Length not set" error.

Using a browser is not possible because one "parameter" in the URL is
without value and without the =, and I can't emulate that via <FORM>.
So JMeter proxy record is not viable for me, though it was good to check it
out, as I did not know it yet.

Successful requests are done momentarily via a command line tool, and the
requests there seem to be abit different (using PUT). I cant emulate that to
JMeter ATM...

Regards