jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Petter Mahlen <PMah...@shopzilla.com>
Subject Automating JMeter-server
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 13:07:49 GMT
Hi,

I’m in the process of defining requirements and architecture for a company-internal performance
framework controller. That controller should do something like:

 *   Manage a number of test templates for different web services, where each test template
is a parameterised something that can be instantiated and run against some specific server
and using some specific configuration.
 *   Execute test runs
 *   Collect metrics from tested applications
 *   Store the results for a longish time, so that we can trace performance changes

We have a large number of JMeter test scripts that we’ve been using for performance testing
of the various services to date, so we want to continue using them. I would like to have a
fairly tight integration between the framework and a JMeter load generator, and I was thinking
that it might be possible to connect to a jmeter-server process in a similar way to how the
JMeter GUI/master does it. But doing it programmatically rather than using the GUI. Is that
a possibility? I haven’t been able to find anything about that in the documentation, so
I guess even if it may be possible, it might not be “supported behaviour” in future releases.

The option of starting a remote shell and executing JMeter in headless mode feels a bit less
appealing.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks,
Petter