jmeter-user mailing list archives

From chaitanya bhatt <bhatt.chaita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loop Count vs Number of Threads
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:14:21 GMT
If you are creating 100 threads with zero latency in the ramp up you will
have more than 20-30 http connection threads created in the server, plus the
concurrency would be very high causing your Database and Application
resources to be locked and/or access to be queued.

Whereas 10 threads with 10 iterations each would have lesser number of
connections or threads on the web/app/db server because of lesser
concurrency and the chances of resource contention (i,e locks) would be
less.

There is huge difference between these two types of tests. Your should
consult your client and find out what type of test they want before your
proceed.

-Chaitanya M Bhatt
http://www.performancecompetence.com