jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simultaneous socket connections per server when downloading components for a page.
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:56:16 GMT
On 1 November 2010 21:43,  <B.Ramann@eventim.de> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> I am not sure how I can interpret your answer. Is there a other way to simulate this
behaviour?

No.

JMeter threads each use different connections, as the represent different users.
Although you cannot run multiple connections to download page
resources in a single thread, that's not generally a problem when
testing servers, because this tends to average out over multiple
users.

Just make sure that JMeter generates the required load at the server.

> Thanks
> Bjoern
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

scenario it is necessary to simulate also the behaviour of the actual browsers. During my
tests, I saw that jmeter use always only one tcp connection for each thread to download a
webpage, but actual browser like Firefox use up to 8 tcp connections to download a web-page.