jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: prevent POST encode in jmeter
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 13:02:19 GMT
hello,

is jmeter POST request being encoded (in request tab of view results tree)?
it's not very clear from your mail, my understanding is that the "later"
response returns encoded.
if  jmeter sends the request as you have pasted it bellow, when you POST the
data initially, then it means that the application must do some character
escaping and that depends on the application alone. if so, when jmeter
receives the page that contains what you post-ed, it might be shown escaped
as you have seen bellow.

otherwise, I can't reproduce the situation where jmeter sends that text
encoded without the encode checkbox being used.

any other thoughts? I can't think of any reasons for the behaviour
described.

--Adrian S