jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Loop Count vs Number of Threads
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:58:11 GMT
On 11/19/2010 11:49 AM, cal0y wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I have 10 accounts to use in load testing our application. I just want to
> know if my Jmeter test will behave in the same manner if:
>
> 1. If i put 100 in the number of threads and a loop count of 1
> 2. If i put 10 in the number of threads and loop count of 10

Assuming you use a UserDefinedVariables element with the 10 accounts
each as a variable value, the two approaches you outline should indeed
reuse the accounts and behave functionally equivalently.

However, when using 100 threads, each accout will be active in 10
simultaneous incarnations, whereas when looping, each does 10
consecutive runs (is this understandable?)

Cheers,
Felix