jmeter-user mailing list archives

From AlexAitch <alex.hamil...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with cookies / cookiemanager
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:53:11 GMT

Let me begin by saying I am a novice with JMeter, but have done a fair amount
of reading / searching around to try and find an answer to this question...
to no avail!

My webapp is working, and I can get Jmeter to do a test on the 3 functions
my web app performs. However, I am having issues with the http cookie
manager.

I have placed a cookiemanager at the beginning of my thread group, followed
by my 3 HTTP Get requests.
The problem is that my loop runs, then does not call on the cookies. It
merely creates 5 new threads when it starts the loop again, meaning that
server side I have my application stacking up user after user until it runs
out of memory.

I have enabled follow redirects and am using a compatability cookie policy

On the results tree it looks like this:

1st get request ZoomIn - Get http://blahblah/default.aspx?function=test
                              [no cookies]

then my 2nd and 3rd get requests are coming back with valid cookie data.

Then after my thread loops around once, the first get request comes back
with [no cookies], and the 2nd and 3rd requests are coming back with brand
new cookie data.

I am almost certain that this will be a laughibly easy fix, but I cannot
figure this out. I was hoping the cookie manager would sort everything for
me, magically.

Would be grateful for any hints or tips