jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <prabahar.durais...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Should there be difference in response time if we replay the recorded proxy script and follow same steps manually at the same machine.
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:49:31 GMT
JMeter doesn't give you the page rendering time. It gives you the server response in HTML format.
You are getting a time difference with other page rendering tool because it takes time to
render the images, themes, colors etc... where as in JMeter you will be getting only the resource
URI that's it.

So please don't use JMeter to calculate page rendering time. JMeter is specific to perform
load test on the application.

regards,
Prabahar

________________________________

From: samurai241185 [mailto:abhi.revo@gmail.com]
Sent: Tue 10/19/2010 8:26 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Should there be difference in response time if we replay the recorded proxy script
and follow same steps manually at the same machine.

Hi ,

I just wanted to clear out one thing that i came across.I recorded a script
on my machine(with 1 user/sec).I gave me response time lets say T1 seconds.
After that i used same machine and followed same process manually.With the
help of a time capturing tool (YSLOW), i recorded time T2.It shows a large
difference between T1 and T2.But time capturing tool also takes into account
another thing that is page rendering time after getting response from server
.
So my question is "Is jmeter taking following heads as an indivisual and
showing their summation as a response time or it is not considering page
rendering time itself?"

1.Jmeter self processing time
2.Time taken by server to respond a request
3.Page rendering time

Thanks
Samurai