jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Evandro Grezeli <grezeli.evan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems uploading a file in 2.4 version - Possible [BUG]
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:12:49 GMT
Found the problem!

Just for documentation, here my thoughts.

The HTTP Request do not handle chunked header response.

When i send the file using the jmeter proxy, the application return a
response header with chunked information and Jmeter somehow do not
understand the information, showing no response for me.

I saw in JMeter page in the TODO link the possible new module
HTTP-multiPart, so I'm wondering if this situation i can consider it as a
Bug or a enhancement.

The bug cause there's a check-box at the HTTP Request to mark it as a
multipart/form-data for http post.

Thanks for all.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Evandro Grezeli <grezeli.evandro@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Another Clue:
>
> Checking the http header of the request with a sniffer, there's a
> difference on the encoding:
>
> Sniffer header:
>
> -----------------------------7da26420204a0
>
> (the file info all showed here)
>
> -----------------------------7da26420204a0

> -----------------------------7da26420204a0--
>
> The save button it's pressed to upload the file
>
> JMeter Header execution:
>
> POST data:
> -----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0
>
> <actual file content, not shown here>
> -----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0--
>
> My question is:
>
> - There's a way to change de transfer-enconding? The next step in the
> application it's to intercept the file and check it in a Servlet, to finally
> show to the user if the file was processed sucessfuly. I guess the binary
> enconding it's the problem, or perhaps not.
>
> I saw other threads with same kind of problem, but none of them had a
> significant conclusion. Can anyony give me a clue?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Evandro Grezeli <
> grezeli.evandro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Found an old thread with the same problem.
>>
>> Just put the file at the bin directory and it worked. More less worked.
>>
>> Now continuing with my problem, when i submit the file the application on
>> the next screen show me the ok answer for the upload. But when im recording
>> and submit it, the IE screen just freeze (showing nothing) and the loading
>> status showed it's just "Done".
>>
>> It's normal this behavior? Should i just change my assert at the test
>> plan? Any other clues?
>>
>> thanks in advance!
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Evandro Grezeli <
>> grezeli.evandro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Does anyone had a bad experience uploading a file with jmeter version
>>> 2.4?
>>>
>>> When i select the file for upload and submit it in my application the
>>> following error occur:
>>> *
>>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: FILE.TXT (The system couldn't found the
>>> necessary file) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at
>>> java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source) at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown
>>> Source) at
>>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.PostWriter.writeFileToStream(PostWriter.java:406)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.PostWriter.sendPostData(PostWriter.java:115)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sendPostData(HTTPSampler.java:122)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:508)
>>> at

--
Atenciosamente
Regards