jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to mask/encrypt values sent as an HTTP request parameter
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:36:25 GMT
On 5 October 2010 21:18, black gaff <joseph.killian@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You cannot suppress anything shown in the View Results Tree. Just don't
> use it.
> I thought as much. It makes for a handy debug / teaching tool
>
>>> The data stored by the Simple Data Writer is configurable - e.g
>>> you could save just label, timestamp and elapsed.
>>>
>>> However, if the password is being saved by the default configuration
>>> (which includes the URL but not the data) then you have got a problem
>>> which is nothing to do with JMeter...
>
> For trouble shooting purposes, I've found it very useful to store the
> REQUEST in the output file, as the devs sometimes need the exact sent
> message.

Which of course includes the secret information ...

> I think my work around solution (until some dashing, brave entrepreneurial
> type person wants to write a plugin to address this concern) will be to
> exclude the login request from the Simple Data Writer.

If you are able to code in Java, then you should be able to use the
BeanShell Post-Processor to redact the contents of the SampleResult
(held in the 'prev' variable).

something like:

prev.setSampleData(prev.getSampleData().replace("secret","******"))

Similarly if the secret is in one of the headers (use
setRequestHeaders() and getRequestHeaders())

Post-Processors are run before Listeners, so any change you make will
be reflected in the data that is saved.