jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to mask/encrypt values sent as an HTTP request parameter
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:55:29 GMT
On 5 October 2010 20:11, black gaff <joseph.killian@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would seem I'm not making myself clear enough.
>
> I realize it's possible for someone who is super determined to get the
> password while Jmeter is running. Generally, the person who enters the
> password in the first place is the same person running the script.
>
> I've solved security issue #1 - no passwords stored in the script.
> I need to solve security issue #2 - no passwords are stored in the Simple
> Results Writer nor displayed in View Results Tree.

You cannot suppress anything shown in the View Results Tree. Just don't use it.

The data stored by the Simple Data Writer is configurable - e.g you
could save just label, timestamp and elapsed.

However, if the password is being saved by the default configuration
(which includes the URL but not the data) then you have got a problem
which is nothing to do with JMeter...