jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Yiming Li <yiming...@umail.ucsb.edu>
Subject a question regarding to JUnit Sampler string constructor
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 05:28:08 GMT
Hi All,
       I am a newbie to jMeter, and I got this problem recently:
       I wanted to add a JUnit sampler, part of the unit test was to
print an id, and the id was passed in through the constructor, like
the following:

       public class MyTest     {

       private String id;

       public MyTest(String id){
            this.id = id;
       }

       @Test
       public void printId(){
            System.out.println(this.id);
       }
       }

       To make it simple, I used the counter config to generate the
id, and I set the "Reference Name" of the counter as "myId". After
that I put ${myId} in the "Constructor String Label" field of the
JUnit Sampler and ran the test.
        To my surprise, the output was the literal string "${myId}",
which meant that the counter value was not replaced.
        Do you know what caused the problem? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Yiming

--
Yiming
MS student of CS Department @UCSB