jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recording problem
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:38:12 GMT
On 5 October 2010 12:44, Meinster, Chris <chris.meinster@capgemini.com> wrote:
> Hi collegue,
>
> Maybe this helps:
>
> The first https transaction that you attempt in a jmeter script will pop
> up a password box.  The program is asking for the password for the java
> keystore.  The password is "changeit".
> If you go into your jmeter.properties file, you will find a line that
> tells jmeter that the java keystore password is "changeit".
> Unfortunately, this line is commented out in the default
> jmeter.properties file.

AFAIK, that is deliberate, otherwise JMeter uses the client
certificate unnecessarily.

> If you uncomment this line, then jmeter will
> never pop up this password dialog again.
> Hope this helps.

The java keystore password is only needed when using *client* certificates.

The certificate in this case is a *server* certificate for the proxy;
it is nothing to do with accessing the server under test.

It just allows the JMeter proxy to intercept the HTTPS traffic.

> Found it somewhere on the web, not my own solution :-)

we need to enter the credentials to access the application.
> I have tried recording using jmeter(version 2.4). When I enter the credentials in the
pop-up during recording it is showing that the page cannot be displayed.
> I have worked earlier on few https applications but didn't encounter such problem. What
might be the possible cause?

> Thanks
> Radhika
>
> </PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This
message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of
the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>

> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property
of the Capgemini Group. It is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to
> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
If you receive this message