jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCLogParser.java in jmeter
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:53:37 GMT
Here is a bit of background on the tclogparser.

I originally wrote it so that I could take tomcat logs or common log
format and use it from jmeter to simulate load. later on mike stover
improved it and made it better.

tclogparser was designed to read 1 line from a http access log and
create a testelement, which would be used by a jmeter test plan. It
definitely wasn't intended to be used standalone. You can copy that
class and modify it for your own uses.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/trunk/src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/util/accesslog/TCLogParser.java

most of the parse logic is reusable. my suggestion is to copy that
class and change the parse method.