jmeter-user mailing list archives

From gubbu gubbu <gubbu_gu...@yahoo.com>
Subject What assertion to use Validate Set:Cookie:JSESSIONID valuein response header
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 04:21:05 GMT
I am sending requests as follows
http://host/context-patch/abcd.jsp;4AADDA33814B25F63C1D11F1901DF50F.host1jvm1
http://host/context-patch/abcd.jsp;4AADDA33814B25F63C1D11F1901DF50F.host3jvm3
etc
Now if I check the View Results Tree-Sample result under the Response Headers I
see
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONIS=4AADDA33814B25F63C1D11F1901DF50F.host1jvm1; Path=/;
Secure

Which is great . I really dont care about the first part of JSESSIONID but I
want to make sure that the request landed on the jvm I wanted to by comparing
the "host1jvm1" to its result part and making sure I got back "host1jvm1"

Is the response assertion the right one to check the Set Cookie header ? If so I
need some help as I couldnt figure out how to do it even after reading
the http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Response_Assertion

thanks in advance
Tony