jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Simon Sadedin <ssade...@badboy.com.au>
Subject Re: FW: FW: Help for jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:14:25 GMT

On 23/08/2010 10:32 PM, Tushar Joshi wrote:
> Priya,
>
> AFAIK RESTful API follows calling web server with GET and POST messages.
> JMeter fully supports GET and POST methods and hence I see no problem in
> using JMeter for RESTful services
This isn't quite true.  Many RESTful APIs utilize PUT requests, some
even use DELETE.  However most will accept POST especially if you supply
the header

However even then you might have problems with JMeter because a) the
server might not accept that header and want a real PUT but also b)
because many RESTful APIs use the raw body of the PUT or POST rather
than form encoding, whereas JMeter expects to encode the requests
parameters.   I'm not sure if there's a way to get JMeter to send such a
request - there might well be, but it goes beyond my experience.

So it depends a bit exactly how "RESTful" the API is.

Cheers,

Simon