jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: recording issues jmeter
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 15:32:34 GMT

On 10/08/2010 05:25 PM, bharatraj viswamani wrote:

> IP address of the machine running jmeter - my local machine
> Ip address/DNS name of the webserver - taking any website like google.com
> proxy settings - no proxy settings are enabled for localhost. Is it possible to record
without using proxy server as tht may involve some ports to be opened

I'm not familiar with the tutorial you used, but not making proxy
settings in the browser is plain wrong.

As Jmeter is running on your machine, you will want to set your browser
to use the proxy 127.0.0.1 Port 8080.

Make sure to start the Jmeter proxy before starting to record (your
browser will alert you to a proxy error otherwise, anyway).

Cheers,
Felix