jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Felix Frank ...@mpexnet.de>
Subject Re: Running a script where a value increments automatically
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:29:02 GMT
Hi,

On 10/01/2010 03:18 PM, Din, Waheed wrote:
> I have created a basic plan where I access our website using a particular user who then
makes a payment from 1 person to another.

> However what I would like to do is get that same user to create lots of payments (over
100) but all these payments have to be of a different value, these could be £1, £2, £3,
£4, £5.....and so on.

> I have looked at lots of forums and guides which suggest I use a Loop Controller, User
Defined Variables, CSV files etc...and so I'm totally baffled, I did create a User Parameters
with the following and inserted just under the CreatePayment request but it made no difference
at all.

> Can someone please give me a description of what I should really be doing and how.

It sounds as if the easiest thing would be to use a variable.

The first Sampler in your loop could use a BeanShell PreProcessor (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#BeanShell_PreProcessor)
to increment your variable.

Regards,
Felix