jmeter-user mailing list archives

From black gaff <joseph.kill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can I use a test result as an input in another test?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:18:11 GMT

Peter wrote:

> my question is can I pass the value I got for requestId to another test?
> so here is the scenario
>
> test1 - call webserver -> get the value of 'requestId'
> test2 - use the value of requestId i got in test1 and make a different
> webservice call

If Test1 and Test2 are in the same THREADGROUP, this is easy.

You store the scraped requestId as a variable and then reference it in
test2. You can use the post-processor "regular expression extractor" to
scrape the value from test1 and store it as "requestId". In test2, simply
reference it as ${requestId}

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor