jmeter-user mailing list archives

From SanderW <san...@performancearchitecten.nl>
Subject Re: How to stop iteration and log the error in a file
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 06:19:48 GMT

sebb-2-2 wrote:

> So choose stop thread instead; the error will be recorded in the
> sample data file - same as if you had chosen continue.

Hi Sebb,

This doesn't seem to work. I have a simple script with 3 HTTP requests.
The second HTTP requests has an embedded resource that cannot be found.

If I select stop thread after a sampler error occurs then the failed request
does not show up in the jtl-log.
I ran the test both with GUI and without. I do see a line in the jmeter.log
about a 404 response code, but in fact I would like to see the failed
transaction in the jtl.log

To Saurabh,
You are aware that stop thread will stop the 'vuser' when an error occurs.
All following iterations of that vuser will not be executed. The solution
described by Stan fixes that problem.

Kind Regards,
Sander