jmeter-user mailing list archives

From black gaff <joseph.kill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to mask/encrypt values sent as an HTTP request parameter
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:18:24 GMT

>> You cannot suppress anything shown in the View Results Tree. Just don't
use it.
I thought as much. It makes for a handy debug / teaching tool

>> The data stored by the Simple Data Writer is configurable - e.g
>> you could save just label, timestamp and elapsed.
>>
>> However, if the password is being saved by the default configuration
>> (which includes the URL but not the data) then you have got a problem
>> which is nothing to do with JMeter...

For trouble shooting purposes, I've found it very useful to store the
REQUEST in the output file, as the devs sometimes need the exact sent
message.

I think my work around solution (until some dashing, brave entrepreneurial
type person wants to write a plugin to address this concern) will be to
exclude the login request from the Simple Data Writer.