jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Derry, Stanton" <stan_de...@intuit.com>
Subject RE: sample_variables property
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:11:16 GMT
Deepak,

Thanks for the response.  True on passing in on the command line,
however, I've been running more in a client-server mode and don't want
to stop/start each server prior to a different run.

Will look at the code and post to the developers list.

Stan

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Shetty [mailto:shettyd@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 1:03 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: sample_variables property

when you say per test do you mean every time you run the test plan (in
which
case you simply run by command line and pass different values)? If you
want
an ANT sample I can send this.

do you need to do this in the TestPlan , perhaps dynamically?
Then you'd probably need to modify source code -- I'd start with
org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleEvent .BeanShell would probably not
work
because the variable names is initialized statically in SampleEvent so
it
wouldnt have any effect  if you set the property after this class was
loaded
. You could modify the source code . it might be useful to post to the
developers list if this is indeed what you want to do.

regards
deepak

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Derry, Stanton
<stan_derry@intuit.com>wrote:

> I have several tests where I want to save different variables to the
JTL