jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tarun Bhaduria <bhadu...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Does JMeter record user name and password for HTTPs request...
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 05:21:45 GMT
Well I fear, JMeter is not able to get inside using login feature and every subsequent request
would direct it back to login page..............

From: Tarun Bhaduria
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:24 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Does JMeter record user name and password for HTTPs request...

Well,

This question is in continuation of one of my initial query, but since it is tangential I
am filing it as a different question.
I have an app which on launch changes from http to https (here login happens)  and after logging
in it again changes to http.

I am using JMeter - 2.4 to record the request using http proxy, and then change it to protocol
to https during replay and get to see all success.

On the recorded sample of JMeter for login page I see following " http%3A%2F%2Foo.edu.test.com%2Fcourse%2Frate%3Fcourse_id%3Dmedia-and-related-courses"
under "Send Parameters With the request section"
I was wondering to not see user name and password which I provide while logging in to https
page.
Does this parameter takes care of it? Does it contain encrypted username and password?

Well I just removed this parameter and still got to see test running successfully!!!
Where is JMeter hiding user name and password for my request?

Thanks
Tarun K