jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmeter-server and already busy 1099
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:41:48 GMT
On 1 September 2010 10:06, Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <TorIverW@arrive.no> wrote:
> It seems that jmeter-server (jmeter -s) fails if some other Java code has fired up RMI
server on the official port. Could it instead test and if registry already runs instead bind
to it instead of just assume it does not run? (I am not sure if it actually is RMI that has
grabbed the port though, or if it just has been assigned to some other socket;  Windows etc/services
file does not "reserve" the port, I will try to do that and see if it helps.)

The code running the RMI server needs to have certain jars on the
classpath, otherwise it will not be able to find JMeter.
So just running the RMI server on its own won't work.
I don't know if it is possible to code around this.

If you define the property:

server.rmi.create=false

the JMeter won't try to create the server, so you can try it out.