jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:48:21 GMT
>would response times for A and B be the same?
Should be pretty close. Differences may be due to
a. JMeter has to parse the response for case b but doesnt have to do so for
Case A. if your client is loaded then this may be significant
b. The proxy records everything the browser requests. So if a CSS has a
background image specified , it will be requested and recorded. The JMeter
parser will request resources that are directly on the page i.e. the CSS
file it wont parse the CSS file itself to download additional resources that
the page might use.
However the value should be close enough

regards
deepak