jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scalability and Stability of JMeter’s Distributed Mode
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:20:25 GMT
On 28 September 2010 11:29, Deepak Goel <deicool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag
>
> The number of master-slave is independent of the hardware configuration.

Sorry, but that is just not the case.

The slave systems also need to be sufficiently powerful to run JMeter
without running out of resources.

The master system and its network throughput can be a limiting factor.

> You
> should be able to run any number of nodes until unless there is some
> software configuration mentioned in Jmeter which limits the number of slaves
> to be run.

There is no fixed limitation on the number of slaves that can be
defined to JMeter.
However, if there are hundreds, there might be problems with the line
length in the properties file or certainly there will be command-line
length restrictions.
Java has a maximum string length. However none of these are likely to
be the limiting factor.