jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:29:48 GMT
>Are you saying that everytime to measure the page loading, I need to
generate a load with JMeter,  and check the page loading on another
>computer?
No Im saying in the specific case that you really need accurate response
times and the architecture is like yours , you might need to do this.
Again there are so many factors that influence a page load time as a browser
sees that it is not usually worth doing any  exhaustive testing for this.
(And page load time is just one part of a family of load testing)

>Servers also have cache function?
yes. Plus your OS might do so for file read's

>Do you mean server's CPU, or client's CPU?
Servers

>Again, it was uniformly slow for all files (for images and aspx).
In some of your original screens the times for the same static file varied
from a few ms to a few seconds. Thats not uniformly slow. If your Server was
loaded , then it should be simple to find this out using perfmon

>No response codes. No URL.
Yes but you get a java stack trace that may have some more information or
lets you look into JMeter source and see what it was trying to do.