jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test plan for (970 page requests every 5 min)
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 02:44:59 GMT
> I am confused now what to add and what not to add. And what you mean by
values.
Ok to recap - if you are interested in Response times for a Page then you
need to consider
a. The time it takes to get the page
b. The time it takes to get the resources for the page(E.g. images, js,
css)  - The side topics we were discussing was whether JMeter should be used
/ is a good choice to perform this calculation. However whether you do this
in JMeter or somewhere else , if you want to know Response time you must
consider this component.
c. The time it takes to actually render the page by the browser (usually
only DHTML heavy - Ajax widgets pages need bother about this )

So in your case you have response time for the main page say 10 seconds(this
is pt A). You also requested ScriptResource.axd this is supposed to be 7
seconds. Lets say you also have some other static file Y which responded
with average of 2 seconds.
Now if you had checked retrieve embedded resources JMeter would have given
you average time for the Page + request as approx 10+7+2=19. If however you
observed in Firebug that Script Resource.axd and static File Y are fetched
in parallel then your response time actually is 10+7 = 17 (because the two
seconds will be covered)

Ill add some stuff later



On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Prostak <strodion@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> >a. I use static in a code sense  (the file exists and nothing needs to be
> >done for the webserver to serve it besides actually serving it).
>
> I believe the homepage I am currently testing is static. There is no input
> nor other variables. Pretty simple.
>
> >Use this to add the values to the main page
>
> Now you say that I need to add. I am confused now what to add and what not
> to add. And what you mean by values.
> I am attaching all records that Firebug records for the Home Page (2
> images). Can you tell me, what should I add to what?
>
> http://tinypic.com?ref=2lckt3  http://i51.tinypic.com/2lckt3.png
>
> http://tinypic.com?ref=9u7mlk  http://i51.tinypic.com/9u7mlk.png
>
> >(Do you see this 7 second behavior even for image files?)
> Yes, response times increase for all files (incl images).
> Here is min and max for two files for exactly the same load:
> .axd-347ms-9409ms
> .gif-217ms-2678ms
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/Test-plan-for-970-page-requests-every-5-min-tp2826174p2841490.html
> Sent from the JMeter - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message