jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: __property
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:32:35 GMT
On 15 September 2010 09:43, SanderW <sander@performancearchitecten.nl> wrote:

> Hmm,
>
> I tried to get this working in GUI mode as well, but am unsuccesful so far.
>
> If anybody has a clue.
>
> I tried adding a line to jmeter.properties
> (global.properties=global.properties), but no joy

Why do you expect that to work?

JMeter supports only two additional properties files via jmeter.properties:

# Additional property files to load

# Should JMeter automatically load additional JMeter properties?
# File name to look for (comment to disable)
user.properties=user.properties

# Should JMeter automatically load additional system properties?
# File name to look for (comment to disable)
system.properties=system.properties

You can define obj.id in jmeter.properties, user.properties or
system.properties and __P() or __property() will pick it up.

BTW, __P() is a shorthand for __property().

I tried

jmeter -Jobj.id=a.b.c

which works fine.

You can check the jmeter.log file, and it shows:

INFO  - jmeter.JMeter: Setting JMeter property: obj.id=a.b.c

So I don't know why the earlier poster says that does not work.

You can use

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Property_Display

to show the values of properties.